Now Saturday 12th June 2021 – 12:30pm and 2pm
A head race for eights and coxed fours on the River Cam; timed from upstream of the A14 bridge to Peter’s Post (approximately 2,100m). Divisions provisionally starting at 12:30pm and at 2pm.
A club which enters at least one Men’s and one Women’s crew will be eligible to compete for the John Dent Trophy, awarded to the club with the best two-boat combined time.
- Row the bumps course without interruption.
- Medals for category winners and best line around Grassy Corner.
- Complimentary racing photos.
- Eights and coxed fours, in the following categories: College Men’s and Women’s crews – Mays 1st, 2nd, 3rd and lower; CRA Masters categories (may be combined with handicap, depending on entries). We will prioritise entries for eights, with consideration given to clubs which only train in fours.
- Results announced virtually, and prizes distributed the following day by arrangement.
Virtual Bumps – With no May Bumps this year the X-Press Head will be a chance for college crews to measure speed against their nearest rivals. Where practical we will set college crews off in bumps starting order, and we will calculate a “virtual” bumps chart based on the average speed of each crew; but you will have to wait until 2022 to do it for real!
Entry fee £64 for eights and £32 for coxed fours if paid in advance (£72/ £36 on the day).
Contact us for enquiries: [email protected]